Status
Not open for further replies.

dfmona

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ok, i seen a lot of threads about this subject but none gives a straight answer,
im simulating a microstrip patch antenna edge feed ( microstrip transmision line right in the middle)

er= 2.2
Thikness of the dielectric = 1.57mm
Lenght: quarter wave transfomer
Frecuency= 2.4 Ghz

Width=?

well if know that my Zin= 50 ohm and Z out = its about 343 Omh i know that my Z0 its thw square root of blablabla

i want to know how to calculate the micrstrip line Lengh and width, is there af ormula for this ( i dont wanna use the miscrostrip line calculators i want to know how the calculate ) i mean i would guess that the lenght of the quarter wave would be (C/f)/4 C being the speed of light, but when i use the calculators it gives something different whyyyyyyyyyyyyy, i have read thousends of mictrosttrip handbooks balanis, but none of them give a clear insight on how to calculate the width lenght of a quarter wave transformer transmision line ( eadge feed in the middle of the microstrip patch) plz help me.

Hello,

Here are the formulae for W & L of Microstrip fed patch antenna design...
W=(C *sqrt[(er +1)/2] )/2*f0 where W is the Width of of the radiating edge C=3*10e8 f0 is resonance frequency
& L=C/(2*f0*sqrt(er)) & find out the effective L

you can see these eqations & more details in the following DESIGN OF MICROSTRIP PATCH ARRAY ANTENNA document...
**broken link removed**

---manju---

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…