Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip T power Divder Return loss Problem Hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfmona

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi you guys

Right now im trying to figure out why in my microtrip linear array (2X1) its giving me such a bad return loss (-14dB), y alredy design a single patch with a great return loss ( -40dB; edge feed with lambada/4 transformer to match a 50 ohm input), so im suspecting its the power divider, i designed the transmision lines for 2.4 GHz, but i dont know why im getting such strange results on S11, im gonna upload my file, its a microstrip equal T power divider, the big rectangle is a 50ohm transmission line the other ones a 100 ohm lines ( Zo= Z1/2), its on a Fr4 dielectric, can somone plz tell me what im doing wrong, i expected to have s11 plot dipping on 2.4GHz or close, but i get completly the opposite plz help me.

Pd: i know that the width on my transmision lines are very accurate example : 50ohm its 3.08mm width of copper for er:4.4 Fr=2.4GHz .

Attachments

• Project3.rar
    32.6 KB · Views: 115

hi you guys does no one know the answer to this one its pretty easy plz help me :)

First of all, if you are designing a wilkinson, you need a resisitance elelment between your outputs,

Otherwise, a lossless, reciprocal 3-port network, how good return loss you are expecting for all the ports??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back