Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip T-junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

zirif

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am designing a microstrip array and need the T-junction for feed, do someone have some items or simulations of the T-junction using HFSS or ansoft Designer. I need help.
thanks in advance.

hello,
How many antennas have you got in your array ?
What technology do you use ? (microstrip ?)
T-junction is not difficult to simulate and optimize.
If you know the different impedance, i mean the antenna impedance and feed impedance you have to use a lambda/4 transformer.
Example : 2 antenna feed by a 50 ohms line, antenna impedance is 110 ohms. So you have 110 // 110 = 55 ohms. So you have to design two microstrip lines at 110 ohms (caracteristic impedance) connected to antenna. After to match the 55 ohms junction point of this two antennas to the 50 ohms line, you design a lambda/ 4 transformer with a SQRT(55 * 50)= 52.44 ohms caracteristic impedance. With an optimization, it's not very difficult ( ex : use ADS or ansoft designer).

Good work.

Reactions: zirif

zirif

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you for reply, I found some referance to do the T-junction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back