Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip slot antenna simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhoopsharma

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
antenna simulation software

i need a software which can simulate a slot antenna basically i have designed a new type of slot antenna which have better radiation efficiency then other slot antenna
practically. Now i want to simulate it using a software. My main aim is to change in geometry of slot antenna & visualizing its radiation patterns. My antenna have Max. pointing vector value, But i need theoretical proof to support my antenna geometry.
can any one help regarding this.

slot antenna simulation

I think IE3D is faster than HFSS in analysing slot antennas.
HFSS: Finite elem.
IE3D: MoM.

Re: slot antenna simulation

If you use ADS, you can optimize and/or tune your slot dimensions for the required pattern in the EM domain.

HFSS also can tune the dimenstions to get best pattern. You should construct the structure in HFSS using variables.

I think CST is good. It can simulate S11, VSWR, Impedance, radiation pattern, gain and many. It is easy for beginner.

I think FEKO is suitable for analysing slot antennas

paow said:
I think CST is good. It can simulate S11, VSWR, Impedance, radiation pattern, gain and many. It is easy for beginner.

Yes, that is truth.
I have used CST for Slot Antenna design and simulation, it was great.

Both HFSS and CST are good simulation softwares for your aim. i have tried HFSS and it is a user friendly software too. Also I have heard CST is a good antenna simulation software for your usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back