Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip - real lines - ADS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolas.borfigat

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads microstrip

Hello everybody,

Can you tell me where I can find information about microstrip lines?
I have to use it to match an amplifier thanks to single stubs.
I did it with ADS and ideal TLINES but I have not yet managed to do it with real microstrip.

Thanks a lot.
Nicolas.

ads microstrip model

Hi

You can find in for mation on microatrips with Google.
Otherwise look in "Microwave engineering" by Pozar.
In ADS you can just use the pallete called "Microstrip". There you specify the physical length and width of your line. Remember to add a Substrate definition, think it is on the top of the pallete.

Regards

microstrip ads

Thank you,
in fact my problem is to determine the good width to get correct results.

Regqrds.
Nicolqs

microstrip line in ads

Hi

I think you should study some microwave design books first :)
Otherwise there is sysnthesis tools to make transmissions line in ADS and also TXline from AWR....search google.

Regards

microstrip lines in ads

Ideal Transmission Line Models available in ADS.& Microstrip line model with substrate defination blocks.

ads microstrip modelling

Hi nicolas.borfigat,

As tyassin suggested, you can do the calculation of your microstrip lines in ADS. Since you did it with ideal lines, you can do it with microstip also.

Just open a schematic window in ADS. goto Tools --> LineCalc. Here define your substrate setting: E_r, H, TanD, freq etc. and from the right pane you can convert the electrical and physical properties of the txline. Then replace your ideal line with the microstip line.

Finally, if you don't have idea about the behaviour of Microstip line, please take a look at Pozar's book as suggested by others.

microstrip+ads

Thank you for your answers, I think I wi be able to finish my project now.

Regards.
Nicolas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back