Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip patch antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk16820

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my microstrip antenna is as shown..
antenna.PNG

plz suggest me ..what should be the boundary conditions to be assign to the patches on lower and upper side and substrate (what to assign radiation,what to assign perfect E or H) ??

(substrate is FR4-epoxy)

this looks like rogers substrate. not FR4. Are you sure about that?

Copper as perfect conductor. infinitely thin planes are good enough. Are you using HFSS?
Radiation boundary is set a box around the object. (size depending on the solve frequency).

Thank you for reply..
Actually substrate in Arlon but I want to make using FR4 ...as this substrate is available to me.
Yes, I am using HFSSv11..

In that case download HFSS Antenna design kit. Use the antenna model that matches yours the most. It will generate a simulation for you. Just change the geometry and you are good to go. All the boundaries and ports will be set. Choose something with a microstrip feed as you are using microstrip. not coax.

hfss adk is not compatible with hfssv11..

that is a shame. in that case go to hfss install directory and find examples folder and open an antenna example.

What is about to shame in this..??? Its not my fault that adk is not compatible with hfssv11...I am new to hfss at this time
and thanx for reply.
I have got my boundary conditons..:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back