Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip patch antenna in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnieante

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone help me with rectangular patch antenna .hfss file. I am beginner in HFSS. This shall make learning easy.

hi
just make use of hfss help and examples, its best way to start !
regards

- - - Updated - - -

hi
just make use of hfss help and examples, its best way to start !
regards

Thanks All.
I took your advise and went thro the manual. I am now facing problems in analysis.
1. I have made a small 2D rectangle in the yz plane just below the inset feed, 50ohm line. I have now used this as the face for excitation as lumped port.
My air box doesnt touch the patch. it is lamda-by-four length away frm the ground.
Yet I get these errors:

1.Adaptive Passes did not converge based on specified criteria.
2. When I analyze the sweep and wish to get RL, the error is"St is not a function name.

Please help..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks All.
I took your advise and went thro the manual. I am now facing problems in analysis.
1. I have made a small 2D rectangle in the yz plane just below the inset feed, 50ohm line. I have now used this as the face for excitation as lumped port.
My air box doesnt touch the patch. it is lamda-by-four length away frm the ground.
Yet I get these errors:

2. When I analyze the sweep and wish to get RL, the error is"St is not a function name.

Please help..

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks All.
Yet I get these errors:

Please help..

hi
1- in solution set up increase adaptive pass number
2-did u defined frequency sweep? explain more please
regards
red

1. right-click on the setup in your Analysis menu. select 'Convergence'. You can take a look at the Max. Mag. Delta S. Let us know how much this and how many passes have been used. You can either increase the maximum number of passes (or) increase the maximum acceptable delta S.

2. What is your solution type: Driven Terminal or Driven Modal ? Remember to choose the appropriate type when creating the reports. 'Create Terminal Solution Data Report' (or) 'Create Modal Solution Data Report'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back