Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip Patch Antenna Design Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

djkross

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, guys. I'm designing a CF-MPA in HFSS and I've run into a problem (I'm new at this). I want to design a CF-MPA with a 1mm wide, 16mm long rectangular slot in the center of the patch. One of the longer slot sides is grounded by a shorting pin of a 0.6-mm diameter at the midpoint of slot side. A 50- coaxial probe of a 1.27-mm diameter, directly feeds the midpoint of the opposite longer side.

My question is... how exactly do I create a shorting pin to ground one of the sides in HFSS?

I usually just create a PEC cylinder that touches the ground and patch. I've used this method with PIFA's and the measured results generally match the HFSS results. I suppose you can use copper or any other real material to match your patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back