Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip lines filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

amodism

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
i am new to this forum.i have to design a hexagonal band pass filter using coupled lines. how to find coupling gap, coupled line's width and connector's appropriate length and width. thanks.

Hi

U need to calculate the even and odd mode impedance of each coupled line. You can then use the ADS LineCalc tool for getting the gap, length and width.

Regards
Twisha

Hi

U need to calculate the even and odd mode impedance of each coupled line. You can then use the ADS LineCalc tool for getting the gap, length and width.

Regards
Twisha

Amod said:
Thanks Twisha !!
it would be more helpful if you could give me any source and/or link to get ADS LineCalc tool. One more thing, if you don't mind, what does these figures [1199583] implies because i am new to this forum. Thanks again.

Amod said:
Thanks Twisha !!
it would be more helpful if you could give me any source and/or link to get ADS LineCalc tool. One more thing, if you don't mind, what does these figures [1199583] implies because i am new to this forum. Thanks again.

If you have ADS, open a schematic window. Then Tools -> LineCalc -> Start LineCalc.

If you do not have ADS, there are a number of good alternatives available. Here is a link to a web based one: **broken link removed**

I thought that the question just meant a six stage filter (due to the initial mention of coupled line filter).

But now on further searching, I am given to believe that it might mean something like the hexagonal meander loop filters like below:

Shao-Guo Mo; Zhi-Yuan Yu; Long Zhang; , "Miniature dual-mode bandpass filter using hexagonal meander loop resonator," Microwave Technology and Computational Electromagnetics, 2009. ICMTCE. International Conference on , vol., no., pp.261-263, 3-6 Nov. 2009

Xin-Kai Cheng; Jun Xu; Min Zhang; , "Miniature dual-mode bandpass filters using hexagonal open-loop resonators with E-shaped stubs loading," Signals Systems and Electronics (ISSSE), 2010 International Symposium on , vol.1, no., pp.1-3, 17-20 Sept. 2010

exactly buddy. you are right. this is it. its' shape is a complete hexagon of appropriate sidewidth and any of its two or more sides may be coupled depending on requirement. it's a recent development in this field.

Status
Not open for further replies.