Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip filter simulation in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorsa

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need to simulate the attached structure in HFSS software. could any one tell me what the whole structure is? is it a filter? i can only recognize the comb-line filter at the right. if it is, what is the frequency?
and to simulate the vias, I made a hole and put a copper cylinder to connect the strip to the ground? is that right?
I would totally appreciate your help.
thank u.

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6736230400_1419080510.jpg

Last edited:

I think it's just not a filter, there is a coupling cap./ind. and an amplifier ( transistor)
It seems to me..

Reactions: dorsa

dorsa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I think it's just not a filter, there is a coupling cap./ind. and an amplifier ( transistor)
It seems to me..
Do u know how I could estimate the working frequency?

Do u know how I could estimate the working frequency?

Since I don't have any idea about dielectric material of the PCB, I cannot say anything.But Coupled TLs have 7.40mm (?? ) and they should have a length of lamda/4.
If we assume Er=4.5 ( FR4) the operating frequency may be 4.8GHz ???
It's hard to say something..

since one end is open, so the open end should make the real lamda/4 a little longer, so the freq may be 4.7GHz

dorsa

one more thing, to make the vias, I first put a cylinder in my structure, with height of dielectric layer plus copper, and then subtract these two from the cylinder. and put a copper cylinder instead. is that right?
thanks.

Via should be a bigger copper cylinder minus copper cylinder.
But the error maybe so small that you can ignore it, you can try.

dorsa

Status
Not open for further replies.