Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microstrip antennas history

Status
Not open for further replies.

aleksey0131

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!
Whether somebody can suggest a books or other sources, where I can find information for review concerning microstrip (patch) antennas history?

Thank you for the reference, I have found some useful information about patch antenna structures, design methods and CAD software. But unfortunately, I have not found any information about historical development of patch antennas.

aleksey0131 said:
Thank you for the reference, I have found some useful information about patch antenna structures, design methods and CAD software. But unfortunately, I have not found any information about historical development of patch antennas.

Attached here is the history of microstrip antenna from

Microstrip Antenna design Handbook by Bahl Bhartia

Thank you! I have this book, and already have used information from there. May be you can remember any other sourses?:D

These antennas were used back around 1960 in space rockets and on military tanks. The first was for wind resistance reduction and the second for reducing battle field damage to communication systems.

Thank you for attention to this topic! Though there is very few information about this subject, I have made review. I hope it will be enough.

Hans Schantz has an interesting antenna history in his book on UWB antennas. There may be enough there on microstrip antennas to be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.