Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip antenna using FR4 substrate with 1.588 thickness

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameerccs11

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i m sameer.actually i want to design a microstrip antenna using FR4 and thickness 1.588.but my requirement is both the efficiency should be more than 80%, gain and directivity should be more than 6 dbi.i have designed normal planer antenna but i m not getting my requirement.so plz somebody help me in getting efficiency more than 80%, gain and directivuty more than 6 dbi. on FR4 with h= 1.588.
i will be very very thankful to you.

regards sameer

It would be a big challenge to realize radiation efficiency higher than 80% on FR4. According to my experience, even on good substrates like RT/duroid 5880, the radiation efficiency achieved in practice is just between 80~90%.

hi
for high efficiency choose of good substrate is one of techniques but by use of some reflectors in antenna u can design and achieve high efficiency and stack and other structure like this can help too much

what will be the thickness of the substrate if the operating frequency is 10GHz ????? as i am looking for the thickness of FR-4 substrate at operating frequency of 10GHz. please is there any method to find the the thickness of the different substrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back