Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microstrip antenna basics.. need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

srukhk

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what effect does.. dielectric constant
loss tangent

on microstrip properties..?

it is using when I calculate the input impedance or width of feed line

it is using when I calculate the input impedance or width of feed line

thank you.... but i need to know ... what effect does these things have on the properties of a microstrip antenna.. like increasing dielectric constant would
decrease or increase other properties of microstrip ( frequency,BW...etc...)..

yes, as u change the dielectric constant the antenna parameters change, like the width of the microstrip and length as the effective dielectric constant changes.

Loss tangent effects the antenna gain (or insertion loss in terms of filters). Loss tangent also effects the width of the strip.

Last edited:

for some cases, selection substrate can be an efficiency factor where the freq working, as example for high freq to get small dimension antenna and with best parameter we can choose substrate which have low dielectric, its complex and variety

When the dimensions of the antenna are constant then the gain is reduced and the impedance changes and thus the resonance frequency.
Other properties as the bandwidth or the radiation pattern should also change.
Generally you would use a low loss substrate because with a lossy substrate the gain is reduced and perhaps other antennas can than provide better a performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back