Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone - Reduce Gain

Status
Not open for further replies.

gleesonger

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction with my query.

I'm trying to install a handsfree kit into the car. At the moment I'm using the mic in the earphones\headset as the mic. Phone calls work all the time however the voice control (Android Voice Control app) aspect only works when Im stopped, I believe this is because when driving there is a alot of background noise and the gain on the mic is very high thus the speech reconizger is finiding it hard to filter out the human voise from the white noise.

Is this assumption, that the mic gain is too high correct?

I have a small mic that I use when building some small circuts, I wired this into a headphone (TRRS) jack and it worked fine with the phone but it too is too sensitive (though I dont think as much)

I am completely new to electronics and know nothing about mics so I am hoping that you can help me out here.
Is there a certain mic that will fit my purposes, where would I go about buying such a mic, when looking for a mic what are the values (Gain\DB?) Im looking for?

Given that I want to use the phones headset controls I will want to wire any mic I buy into the TRRS headphones.

Thanks,
Ger.

Most cell phones today are toys, not telephones. On speakerphone mode they transmit terribly and receive terribly.
They use voice switching like speakerphones did 30 years ago.

I have a similar problem with my high end bluetooth headset. Something I've been meaning to try and that may work for you as well would be to retrain the voice recognition software while riding in the car with someone else driving. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back