Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontrolller short circuit?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poohpary

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...i use an atmega32 in my pcb board..my circuit was fine but i dont know what happened that after turning on the supply for (the last time) micro got so hot . with a multimeter in diode check mode it seems tracks of +Vcc and GND are connected (no power is applied to circuit)...and it seems 3 pads of micro that were programed to be input (i have not used them) are connected to Vcc or GND.so i dont know whats wrong...with micro getting hot can i say that short circuit is done inside of micro? and how can i be sure nothing is wrong with my pcb board so the problem will be solved by exchanging micro?
is there any body to help me plz?!:oops:

Assuming that the PCB design is correct and there is no design error connecting the GND with Vcc a magnifying glass can help you check if there is a solder bridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.