Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller with GPIO, USB, GSM/GPRS, and WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirr45

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a microcontroller that has GPIO, USB, WiFi, and could be connected to a GSM/GPRS module. Anyone have any input and what model I can buy? The main concern for me is the size of the board and cost. I want it to be fairly small like a beagle board or arduino but not too expensive either. If you could please mention the models I should buy and also which wifi and gsm/gprs modules would be compatible with the board you suggest.

THanks

kirr45, I think that you need to improve your request if you want to get meaningful answers.

You need to be much more precise, like "I need 50 GPIOs, USB device full speed and need to connect to 802.11 b/g/n".

I suggest you to do some investigations at the major manufacturers of MCUs, like Atmel, Texas Instruments, Freescale or ST. Have a look at 32-bit models, because for WiFi you may need TCP/IP and this can be found more often in 32-bits.

In most cases, GSM module communicate over a serial port, so you have no "compatibility" issues. I have experience with Telit, they are cheap, powerful and easy to control.

Good search,

Giuseppe

Thanks for the reply. I need the following:

Wifi b/g maybe n
gsm/gprs
GPIO at least 8 digital and analog
USB 2.0 is enough

THanks

Status
Not open for further replies.