Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller with ethernet controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

layaghi

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi to all
I need to build a Hardware which could receive 1Mbit/s from a ethernet line and then process it. I want to select a suitable microcontroller with built in ethernrt controller.
Searching products of Maxim,Motorola, Atmel, ... I have found several devices. Now I want to select one of then and begin my design. The important parameters are:
speed: Fast ethernet
ease of use: simple programmer, availabe libraries,...
ease of PCB design: 2-layer, and not to require special requirments in PCB design
and cost.
If you have experience with such products please give me your guidelines to choose the best product.
thanks.

Added after 45 minutes:

Excuse me please
I must correct the rate in my question. It must be: 1 MByte/s instead of 1Mbit/s.
thanks for your kind guides.

hi layaghi
first of all you must post this topic or question in the microcontroller forum
now about your question try the next links:

hope you will find what you are looking for

Thesniper (+)

Dear TheSniper
Thank you very much, for your great help.
I could find an open source starter kit for SMSC's lan controller from your links.
I hope it give more useful ideas in my project.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back