Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller & Visual Basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Happy New Year guys....

Is it possible to interface a microcontroller chip with Visual Basic even I programme in C language? If it is possible, please can you give me any link for
some tutorials?

Maverickmax

Not as far as I know. I've seen java/C/BASIC in uCs but not VB. The only advantage of VB is rapid GUI development. A uC has no GUI to talk about.

Dear Maverickmax,
It is NOT possible to intreface MCU to VB if you code in C. If you code in VB then only it is possible to link MCU to VB.

Regards.

it is possible...for mcu to talk vb you can use mscomm

Hi muko

Even i am intersted in knowing how mcu to talk vb you can use mscomm can you please provide me with some code example of VB.net(mscomm) or any link

Thanks

ravi_p said:
Even i am intersted in knowing how mcu to talk vb you can use mscomm can you please provide me with some code example of VB.net(mscomm) or any link
I think we could not find mscomm control in VB.net. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Some info here:
http://www.codeworks.it/net/VBNetRs232.htm

you have 2 different languages :
one for PIC (asm basic pascal C etc)
one for PC (VB Delphi Cpp etc)
NO relation between these two languages
if you code PIC in C you can interface with any language PC side, VB for example

"NO relation between these two languages
if you code PIC in C you can interface with any language PC side, VB for example"

only thing you have to do is implemeting a protocol for mcu and pc side . protocol must be identical not the languages

bilgekaan said:
"NO relation between these two languages
if you code PIC in C you can interface with any language PC side, VB for example"

only thing you have to do is implemeting a protocol for mcu and pc side . protocol must be identical not the languages

Yes this is correct, there is no relation between the two languages but you can always interface the two systems using different languages by using a common communication protocol.

You can use UART, USB and other communication protocols, communication is ruled by protocols not programming language.

Status
Not open for further replies.