Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller USB with VC++

Status
Not open for further replies.

ARagab

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hallo people,

I want to control an USB port connected to a Microcontroller using simple GUI VisualC program(Read, Write, Open, Close ... etc). Does anyone know how to use the API of the USB in WindowsXP with VC to do that?

And if there is any other way to do this function, then what is it?

Please answer in deep Details, because I've never done something like that before.

Thanks in advance

Try

h**tp://www.beyondlogic.org/

They have a lot of info on usb.

i'll tell you how to use the C or C++ to control the USB port ( or any port generally).

It is easy by C & C++ since you many orders control ports , This orders are :

INP(8-bits) , INPW(16-bits) , OUTP , OUTW .

If you have the C / C++ version with help you'll find an example for the all these

orders in the help .Only you have to know the number of the port on your PC .

In my PC the USB port have the number : E800 - E81F . Also you will have to connect

an interface circuit between your PC and The µC to convert from serial port Logic ( -15 - +15 )V

to TTL Logic ( 0 - +5) V . an simple circuit called Max232 with 5 capacitors will

do the job . If you want to know how to connect the Max232 go to this link :

https://www.qsl.net/sv1bsx/max232/max232.html

Hope this help you .

If you have any problem please send me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back