Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller selection for SIM548C

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrssinthu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new for this forum.
I need some help to do my final final year project.
I am doing an automatic meter reading system for Electricity meters by GSM network by sending SMS. The important functionalities are;
- sending sms through GSM network
- Have to maintain common timing for all the people

So that i thought to use the GSM module for send SMS and GPS time for the timing requirement. I need to produce a low cost unit ultimately. I selected SIM548C since it has both GSM+GPS module. Is that selection is OK???
If not can you pls suggest a module for this requirement? But i need to be low cost. And also can you please suggest me what microcontrller i can use for this SIM548C?

Please help me. Your help will be very useful to me. thank you in advance.

Thank you for the reply.
I need the to have common timing for all units. Therefore I chosed to use GPS to get the time. In sim3000 GSM/GPRS will I be able to get the time??! If so, can u please tell me how?

Thank you.
can you please tell me about the microcontroller supported with SIM300C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back