Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller project - please suggest something

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtn_me

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Microcontroller project

I know how to code in Assembly Language for 8051 Microcontroller. Can anybody suggest me a small project so that I can get deeper understanding about the Microcontroller?

Microcontroller project

hi

If you are really familiar with the Assembly Language for 8051 microcontroller. Starting with the smaller project is a good idea. If you are really interested please do the projects which are given in the book 8051 MICROCONTROLLER by AYALA,that would give you a good starting experience for your further/future big projects

Re: Microcontroller project

Check out Dr Michael J Pont's

website.**broken link removed**

He authors a few books on 8051 microcontroller, such as the easy to read EMBEDDED C. 8)

Microcontroller project

I suggest you to use a simulator if you don't have real hardware. See how the program are running does help a lot.

I recomend you franklin compilers, suports c and asm h**p://www.fsinc.com/devtools/Default.htm

dahem0n

And install Proteus software and run some samples on 8051. Could be helpfull in codes understanding.

dtn_me said:
I know how to code in Assembly Language for 8051 Microcontroller. Can anybody suggest me a small project so that I can get deeper understanding about the Microcontroller?

option 1. Find a simulator. Try to find execution environment on internet.
According to that environemnt's setting to do some practice.
option 2. Spend money, buy 8051 tool kit (board), according to that board's environment, write some code, upload your code into board, look the result.

suggest a Microcontroller project broard

kindly suggest
-which board is good for newbies and which contain 8051 along with fpga/dsp :(
and
-which simulator will be good for newbies

Microcontroller project

I'm starting coding in C for 8051 but I don't know where to begin. I choose Keil C uVsion for my programming environment and Complier.

- Is there any difference between C and C for 8051?
- What is better. Keil C and Proteus?
- Can you recommend me some websites that assist me in programming 8051 in C

Is the 8051 a chip from Atmel? If so, have you checked out this website?

www.avrfreaks.com

It's a really useful (and massive) resource, with all sorts of projects and tutorial stuff, forums for posting questions etc. There's a huge number of people using it on a daily basis, which makes getting answers to questions a lot easier.

If the 8051 is not made by Atmel, maybe you can try looking at the Atmel 8515 or Atmel mega16 microcontrollers, which are now becoming very common for many industrial applications. The 8515 is practically an industry standard, relatively easy to program. The STK500 programmer board is used to program both these chips, as well as most of the current Atmel range.

Cheers4now

CMFO

Microcontroller project

1) build an clock which has alarm and remainder functions.
2) try to send some commands to MCU via COM port of your computer. for example send a command via Hyper Terminal to turn on a led.

Microcontroller project

:arrow: For beginners, microcontroller based temperature measurement issue would be the best project. By this way it is possible to deal with synchronization and organization of different peripheral devices (Temp. detector, ADC, 7 segment driver etc.) with your microcontroller. For further progress keypad applications would be very helpfull.

i would agree with "carrot" about that ayala book it's very good, however you are not limited to assembly "thank god" for programming microcontrollers, personally i would recommend you getting one of those cypress development kits, i had one myself until recently, (should set you back about 500 euro) but you can get some example projects off their website and sample source code, also you get a trial version of uvision which is great programe for coding on a microcontroller.

Microcontroller project

use a simulator to test some codes.

Microcontroller project

semiconductor asked " Is there any difference between C and C for 8051? "
for programming 51,a variation of ANSI C is used which is different from c++ that generally is used in computer programming. some keywords are added to meet special programming needs of microcontrollers. libraries that you have are very limited compare to C in computer programming and it differs from compiler to compiler. however it is very powerfull and allows you to do almost anything you want especially when you combine it with assembly.

Microcontroller project

I suggest you can begin to understand all kinds of interface with MPU. Example: I2C , SPI , CAN , USART...etc. Because you have to use MPU control other chip via these interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back