Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller max output current

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtronix

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i'm going to use LPC1114 uC to drive relay though ULN2003A driver. for ULN2003A operation required 1mA current to its input pin

can LPC1114 source 1mA current??

similarly let me know for 11U24 and LPC1343...

please share if anyone have interfacing circuit of ULN2003N with uC.

I recommend always following the steps outlined below, with any component being considered for your designs:

1. Download ALL Component Datasheets, User Manuals, etc.

2. Carefully Study Each Datasheet, User Manual, etc.

3. Thoroughly Define and Specify Your Design Requirements.

4. Carefully Reexamine Relevant Datasheets, User Manuals, etc., to Answer Any Questions Which Should Arise

Certainly, if you have trouble finding or understanding a specification, asking for assistance is acceptable and encouraged. However, relying solely on the advice of others can often result in error.

NXP typically lists the relevant specifications, VOH, VOL, IOH, IOL, etc., pertaining to maximum output characteristics of an I/O pin in the Static Characteristics Section of the Specific Device Datasheet.

For example, Reference: LPC1110/11/12/13/14/15 Datasheet, Section: Static Characteristics, Page: 62, 63

LPC1114IOPINP1.JPG

LPC1114IOPINP2.JPG

There are also graphs following these tables which indicate the VOH to IOH and VOL to IOL relationships for an output pin along with temperature influences.

Other relevant information concerning proper I/O Pin configuration and modes can be found in the corresponding User Manual of the device family.

Similar sections exist in both the datasheets for LPC11U24 and LPC1343.

BigDog

Status
Not open for further replies.