Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller interfacing with GSM Modem-Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

sathiieesh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...

I am working on interfacing microcontroller with GSM Modem... but i am unable to send and receive message from MOdem with the help of microcontroller...

Can anyone suggest tutorials or some programming methodology or any links that guides me to complete the project...

Any suggestions would be appreciable...

Compiler:MikroC

Modem:Wavecom HT-W2101

Microcontroller:16f877

Oscillator:10 MHz

Baud Rate:9600 bps

Help me...

Sathiesh Kumar.V

Dear,

You should learn AT commands for GSM communication. First connect your GSM modem with your PCs serial port then send AT commands to it using Terminal/Hyperterminal, in this way you can learn the commands and check the status of modem.

Then you need to send strings of command through your microcontroller to the Modem.

Thnx

Regards
Naveed Khowaja

hello,
i am doing my final year project but having no whatsoever idea about how to interface an gsm with pic16f877a controller..
plz somebody help me with interfacing diagram..

Dear Naveed;

Many thanks for your good information

I bought Telit GM862-Quad GSM with EasyGSM/GPRS GM862 MikroElektronika Board

My project is to use PIC16F877A controller with this GSM Modem to send SMS when certain action happens

But it is not work, I used MikroBasic to program PIC16F877A

Please see attached file which include software and hardware

Awaiting your kind reply

Best regards;

Eng. Aiman Ismail

eng Aiman ismail

ur project almost similar wif my project. mine is sms enabled cage monitoring system.
how about ur project until now? mine having difficulties in one part but everything was completed. left with sending sms from phone to gsm modem only. i donno how can i get the status/reply message from gsm modem to show the status from PIC. if u want my7 project, u can pm me.

please tell me information about interfacing of microcontoller with sim 300 gsm module in detail????and at commands???

Hello!
i think my project is the same as with you above here. i ve a pic16f84a uC which i need to connect to a GSM module (i havent choosen it yet). in a certain action the pic need to send an sms via the modul. I am a beginner in this programmig. Please anyone can help me? Thx much
Gabe

Hi there! I'm also doing a project related to gsm modules, and i'm using sim340.

AT commands are standard commands used to communicate to a gsm module. You can do an initial test by connecting the module to a computer and check its response using the hyperterminal. check if the module has rs232 interface, and if it has, you can connect it directly to your pc. Power the module. Some modules have 'power on' key which is needed to make the module work. It is a tact switch which you just have to press for a short time. Now, Open the hyperterminal and type AT. it should reply with ok. then, you can try other AT commands that are available in AT command manuals that are available in the internet. Once you are sure that the module is working and you are able to make it work with a pc interface, you can connect it to microcontroller.

connect the rx pin of the module to tx pin of microcontroller and the tx pin of module to rx pin of microcontroller. check if you need to have a common ground. now, you can access the module by sending commands via the uart.

Reactions: farealrazbu

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

farealrazbu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thx for that info. Can you (or somebody) help me to show the connection diagram of this. I have an accelerometer,a pic16..., and for the suggestion a sim340 module. Between the pic and the module i think must be a max232 converter because rs232 communication. Help me pls with some tutorial, to connect these things. thank you!

If you are going to connect the sim340 module and the pic mcu, i think, you can directly connect the module with the mcu. the gsm module has pins (rx, tx, gnd, etc) that accepts ttl. so it can accept inputs from the mcu even without the max232 converter. you'll only need the rs232 connection if you will connect directly to the pc.

dear brother i am also starting this project, plz also tell me about interfacing with mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.