Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller Interface with TFT LCD ( ILI9488 Driver IC )

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi1488

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All,

Does anyone have command set for ILI9488 Driver IC . I have a 3.5" TFT LCD with ILI9488 Driver IC. I want to interface it using microcontroller with SPI Interface.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
I have attached a characteristic of my TFT LCD. Please assist me that how to connect the back light supply ? Backlight Characteristic.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

LCD Characterisitc.jpg

LCD characterisitc

you have to user series resistor or pot to match up the Vf voltage if your supply is 5v.

I don'tGraphic-LCD-Schematic.jpg know your lcd pin diagram if its same like image i attached you can use that circuit

I have attached a Pin diagram of the TFT LCDLCD PIN DIAGRAM.jpg

I think its parallel connection so one resistor will do your work but your I(forward) requirement is low so it is advice able the use driver Ic.

Thanks a lot for the support. I will try that way.

The backlight driver IC RT9300B is not available at my place. Is there any replacement for that?
Will RT9300A ( 20mA ) will work?

yes rt9300a will work.

Hello,

In the above attached pin diagram. Where to connect CS , RD, RW and RS connection for 16-bit MCU Interface?

tft-lcd-interfacing-board-et-tft240320tp-mcu-avr-mega128-5v.pngyou can connect them to any gpio of any port of your micro controller with the cs,reset pins .
and for serial there is sdo,sdi,scl pins for serial SPI communication protocol.

Last edited:
On microcontroller side it is clear, but where to connect on TFT side, because on above pin diagram, it doesnt show this pins

- - - Updated - - -

On the Pin diagram of TFT LCD, it doesnt show that which specific pin is for CS, RD, RW

On the Pin diagram of TFT LCD, it doesnt show that which specific pin is for CS, RD, RW
Right. If the controller does support parallel processor interface (as a side remark in the diagram suggests) there should be another diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.