Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller hangs in a project which uses 89S52 to control synchronous motors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky.pace

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

I have developed a microcontroller based project in I have used 89S52 to control synchrous motors. Here I am experincing a problem of hanging of microcontroller anytime when motors gets starts and stops.

Please help with your valuable suggestions.

Thanks & regards
Vikram,

how to solve hang problems with microcontroler

The Problem could be with the current consumption acquired by the motor. Did u use a correct current driver? Check with that.

hanging of microcontroller

It could also be a problem if your supply buss is common to both motor and controller.

microcontroller hang problem

GetDeviceInfo has rightly pinted an important issue. In such cases, decoupling capacitors 0.1uF (i.e. 100n) connected across the supply in the control circuitary (may be one for each chip) is expected to solve the problem. Also use of diodes in reverse bias across the supply feeding the windings (to suppress back emf) may also be of help.

microcontroller hang

Decoupling capacitors across the microcontroller & Inductive kick killer Reverse bias diode across the motor will definitely resolve ur problem,
Another way to resolve the problem is to use two different power supplies one for controlling circuit & the other one for Motors
Regards
Hameeds

Status
Not open for further replies.