Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to implement a multiphase buck converter using a micro controller
My buck converter converts 12V to 1.2V at 12A switching frequency 500Khz
I went through TI and Microchips micocontrollers
I require 2 ADC and DAC and probably 8 PWM generator modules i think and 4 opamps and comparators
I am having difficulty in deciding the micocontroller as i am a newbee in this field
Please somebody suggest me a microcontroller for my needs
I had thought about PIC18F452
Will this be the right choice ?
I have attached the multiphase buck i am trying to built

Attachments

• Multiphasebuck.png
    127.5 KB · Views: 116

intersil has multiphase pwm controllers too.I have experice of using pv3012 from powervation.

intersil has multiphase pwm controllers too.I have experice of using pv3012 from powervation.
I dont want to use a already available buck controller IC
I want it to implement myself using a microcontroller

There are no PIC18 controllers with 8 PWM channels.
Thanks. Checked that there are no PIC18 MCUs with 8 PWM channel
I was thinking dedicted channels will generate PWM with greater accuracy, so thought of having 8. I am still having major doubts about selecting the MCU
Wether to select 8 bit ,32 bit ?
My converter works at 500khz, so what frequency should the MCU have ?
A suggestion about a particular MCU will be helpful, i can then study it atleast

I just started using the PIC18F4520 and trying the ADC conversion in proteus and have many doubts
1) In proteus i have connected a 10MZ crystal with the HS configuration and i also see that when i edit the PIC settings in there is again a option for CPU clock there.
so which clock should i use, do i set both to 10Mhz ? or i set the CPU clock to 10Mhz/4 and keep the ocillator clock to 10Mz or i remove the crytal and set the clock to 10Mhz directly from the options ?
2) I just started with the ADC and needed some advice
I need the ADC conversion to occur as fast as possible. But it cannot be less than 1.6us as i suppose. For my clock of 10Mhz, Fosc/16=1.6us while Fosc/32=3.2us just to be safe i have chosen Fosc/32. Can i choose Fosc/16 and get accurate results ? . Also since my Tad is now 3.2us i have chosen acquisition time of 4Tad
To get fastest conversion and accurate conversion what changes i have to make ? which config gives the fatest results ?

Which Compiler are you using?
I am using Mplab ide v1.70 with xc8 compiler
I am having a problem with this code , i have attached the code and snapshot of the proteus simulation.
I cant seem to figure out what in the code is driving the pins RD0 and RD1 high

Attachments

• Desktop.rar
    136.3 KB · Views: 91

Status
Not open for further replies.