Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller for ethernet controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijayji

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am working of ethernet controller. now i have to drive the output of ethernet controller...can anybody tell me which kind of microcontroller should i use...16 bit or 8 bit...????

for 8 bit controller, you can use ethernet to serial converter.. or in 16 or 32 bit controllers you get the ethernet interface as pin outs.... you can go for that type of controllers..

PIC, LPC,ST, samsung provide these features on the controllers itself.

hello

dear ckshivaram,

cant we use ethernet controller ENC28J60 with 8 bit Microcontrollers to communicate with RJ45 connections ?

and do I have to use this controllers just with 16 bit and 32 bit controllers ? or is there no need to use ethernet controller with 16/34 bit Microcontroller ?

PS: im asking if I miss understood something or not.

you can use the ENC28J60 with any modern PIC microcontroller and the TCP/IP stack software is free from Microchip
You could consider the PIC18F97J60 or PIC32MX6xx family which have onboard ethernet interfaces (saves the external ENC28J60) see
**broken link removed**

unfortunatly there is no PIC24 or dsPIC with an onboard Etherenet (or I would have already used it). These days I use the PIC32MX6xx family.

are you intending to design and build the PCB yourself or could you consider using a development board such as Microchip's microstick
**broken link removed**

I have an idea to make a board with ethernet interface. and making research which MCU to use.actually I need simple one.

since there is no need to put any additional ethernet controller I think to use PIC18F97J60 .

Which way do you suggest ? and which development board do you suggest for PIC18F97J60 ?

have a look at the PICDEM.NET 2 board which supports the PIC18F97J60
**broken link removed**

if you want to do it on like 89s52, or any series of AT then you get adaptors,
N S K E L E C T R O N I C S
Sunrom Technologies, Your Source for Development

that will make life a bit easy or else it needs lot of coding which may not fit into memory......

---------- Post added at 07:27 ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 ----------

the ethernet controller in the market uses wiznet which are most stable in the ethernet to serial adaptors...

Reactions: ramina

ramina

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
another option is the Lantronix XPORT serial to Ethernet

I have driven these at 921,600 bps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back