Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller/dsp option

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterloo

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a project, which request connect ethernet 10/100M. also need extra large flash, say 256MB. It must handle the TCP/IP, so it reqire some internal or external RAM? how much is that? the large external flash memory. I'm not sure which one is the cheapest and easest solution.

Probably one of the suitable solution is to use an 256MB SD/MMC card.

Look at this page for a board with AT91R40008 running at 73.728 MHz, 100 MBit Davicom Ethernet Controller, 256 kBytes full speed SRAM and 4 MBytes FLASH memory and obvious a SD socket for your 256MB storage requirement.

Did I miss the DSP requirement?
For the cheapest solution look for a device that does NOT have internal Flash because you will need a large external Flash anyhow, in this case internal Flash might just be waste of money.
You want to have the Ethernet on the microcontroller. While I am not so sure the R40008 is the best solution, I would also recommend an ARM9, e.g. the SAM9S9261, using an external Flash, external SDRAM and the big flash from an SD card hopefully for data and not for program execution.

Hope that helps a little, Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.