Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller DS80C400 - programming in C

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukhdeepmankoo

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
DS80C400

DS80C400 is a Romless 8051 based microcontroller. i want to do programming of DS80C400 using keil C compiler. but how can i do its programming in C. how DS80C400 upon reset will fetch code from external ROM attached with DS80C400?
Kindly tell me. i have never interfaced external memory with any microcontroller.

Thanks

Re: DS80C400

HI

Since the DS80C400 dose not have JTAG interfae you will probebly need to use ICE in order to do some professional debug other wise you can also use a ROM EMULATOR (lower cost ) or move to more advnced ARM best microcontoller

Al the best

Bobi

what is the use to use such controller when you have controller with roms??? I mean does it have some special features????

Hi

Today 8 Bit ROMLESS or even flash ROM controller are legacy.

They have there pick some 10 years ago

Today even the ARM7 is geting old very fast

This is why I recommend the use of new generation controlleres like the CORTEX M3 or CORTEX M0

All the best

Bobi

Status
Not open for further replies.