Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller-bluetooth interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

shetoos_asu_65

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bluetooth interface with microcontroller

HII ALL
please i want to know how to connect the microcotroller with bluetooth .... it will be excellent to say to me the number of the ucontroller..and the technique used to do that . thanx 4 all who read the topic
bye

bluetooth interfacing with microcontroller

I've used the PIC16F877A in conjunction with a bluetooth module from KCwirefree.com. The bluetooth moduels communicate using RS232, not true RS232 but logic level (0 to 5V). Basically you just spit out information at the bluetooth module through the USART of the PIC and you have bluetooth wireless.

bluetooth interface to microcontroller

there are few SOC 's avialable who r having Bluetooth RF transciever inbuilt but they are under NDA
check **broken link removed**

thanks and Regards

Girish Wabale

bluetooth microcontroller interface

vortechs2k,...

Thanks for your consideration but,...

Could you please give us more details?

I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

bluetooth interfacing with 8051

vortechs2k,...

Thanks for your consideration but,...

Could you please give us more details?

I'll really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

What exactly would you like more details about?

schematic bluetooth

I'd like to know how to interface a bluetooth module with a microcontroller.?

Please note that the bluetooth module I have, doesn't support UART communication.
i.e: I need to interface it using USB interface.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

pic16f877a and bluetooth

What BT module and what microcontroller are you using? If you give me this information I should be able to come up with a schematic.

Also, you're probably better off using a USB interface as it would be faster than RS232.

bluetooth module interface

vortechs2k,..

What BT module and what microcontroller are you using? If you give me this information I should be able to come up with a schematic.

Thanks very much for your help and consideration, I really appreciate that.

I want to send AT-Commands via bluetooth, I have the "BILLIONTON" module, that is unfortunately doesn't support UART communication. The microcontrollers types available where I live, don't support USB communication.

That's why I need a solution to interface between MCU's like PIC16F877,PIC16F876,PIC16F628,AT90S8515,... and the BILLIONTON module.

I think now you can imagine what problem I have.

You can find the bluetooth module I have here.
**broken link removed**

Thanks again very much Sir.

bluetooth interfacing with microprocessor

I know there is a lot of going back and forth here, so be patient, but I'm still trying to figure out 100% what you're looking for.

I'm going to guess one of two things.

1. You want to plug the USB BT module from Billionton into a PC and send commands to a PIC over BT. However that would require a second BT module on the PIC board.

2. I think this is what you're looking for. You want to use a PIC16F877A or the like to send commands over your Billionton BT module to some other BT enabled device like a cell phone or maybe a Palm Pilot. In order to do this with a PIC, you'll need a UART to USB converter chip. One of the most common ones that I know of is from FTDI Chip. They make a chip part number FT232R that can recieve a UART signal from the PIC and turn it into USB to spit out at the BT module.

I'm sure if you look around you can easily find another microcontroller that has onboard USB. I don't know where you live, but I thought places like www.digikey.com and www.newark.com ship pretty much everywhere.

However, if I were you, I'd probably go with the PIC16F877A because there exists a huge store of knowledge about this chip amongst hobbyists and the like. Plus, I've been using them for a few years and I like 'em.

So....which one are you trying to do? 1, 2, or neither?

-Sean

bluetooth interfacing to microcontroller

vortechs2k,...

You are great, the secong guess is exactly what I want. I searched for the FT232R part and I found the schematic in the link below. However, I couldn't find the FT232R and the MAX213 in addition to the coil L1.

I'm searching now for some MCU's with USB interface but I can't find any till now.

Hope you can help and thanks again for your time and consideration.

microcontroller with bluetooth schematics

seadolphine2000,

The schematic in the link is for connecting a USB port on a PC to the RS232 port on a PC....or something like that. You don't need all those parts. The FT232R chip can be purchased at www.digikey.com in a hand-solderable surface mount version as part number 604-00043-ND. You probably don't need that coil and you definitely don't need the MAX213 which is just a level converter for RS232 since the FT232R accepts UART voltage levels.

I'll work on a schematic for you tonight, but it may be hand-drawn.

Hello,
Am addressing vortechs2k

Are u still at edaboard?

If so do you have the program you used for pic16f877 to communicate with bluetooth?

Can you post it here?

I also want to interface a pic16f877a with bluetooth.

Thanks in advance.

Hello seadolphine2000,

Did you manage to solve the problems?
I am also having the same problems, that is I need to sned the captured data to a PC via bluetooth. But am a newbie and have no idea on how to write the program.

Any support provided on this matter is highly appreciate.

Thank you.
Anuradha1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back