Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller-based motor control

Status
Not open for further replies.

cai2

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller based motor controller

I am having my research proposal this semester about a microcontroller-based 3 phase induction motor control. But I'm confused what shall i do first?...could you help me?...I'll be using the at89c2051 microcontroller, supposing this is the only microcontroller available....

microcontroller motor control

No,thats not the only microcontroller available.
You have got PIc,which well suits for motor controll applications.
Goto www.microchip.com look into the motor controsl section.you will find lot of application notes on motor controls

Last edited by a moderator:

microcontroller based motor

u have a lot of microcontroller that suits motor control applications u need to search it in atmel and microchip and find which application to use

PIC microntrollers are better choice then ATmel controllers coz of there large variety of compilers and easy to use languages

can you specify in detail the working of the 3-phase induction motor and what do you want to control -

start/stop
direction
speed
working voltage

bye:D

cai2 said:
I am having my research proposal this semester about a microcontroller-based 3 phase induction motor control. But I'm confused what shall i do first?...could you help me?...I'll be using the at89c2051 microcontroller, supposing this is the only microcontroller available....

i think he only wants to control the direction of rotation, for speed it would become bulky and he will need to go for v/f control

yeah i want to control its start,stop, direction, speed just assuming the only microcontroller available is at89c2051..would it be possible?...is it impossible for 89c2051 to do it?...

Added after 7 minutes:

my idea is utilizing what microcontroller is available in my pc...and that is at89c2051...will it be hard for the controller to do the motor control?

cai2 said:
my idea is utilizing what microcontroller is available in my pc...and that is at89c2051...will it be hard for the controller to do the motor control?

available in your PC??

I mean its assembler, not the microcontroller itself. Do you think it would be hard to go through with it?...

no.its not hard,
end even you know,installing a compiler for PIC hardly takes 15mins.You can download it from microchip.com

And by the way,if you know something of AT89c51,i would say go ahead with that only.
And if you are "0" in both of the programming techniques,i would say you go ahead with PIC micros.

ok..actually, this is my first encounter with the microcontroller..i find it very interesting and challenging that's why i'm into with it...

then take PIC with you,
look into
**broken link removed**
Being a begginer,i would doubt whether you would be able to pick up about the motor control programming so fast.
Will take some time,but dont get carried away,the technique is simple.

Last edited by a moderator:

what do you think could be a nice language program for this project?

if you know 'C' language,or atleast the basics of 'C',then it'll be very easy to pick the programming of PIC with C.
Or else, assembly language,but its little bit tough to start with.

i prefer C language.But i would say,you definitely need to have some practical help or guidance from someone who knows the programming.

i think for your application 89c2051 is more than enough for start,stop and for reversing the motor.
You can use any language which u feel is easier ie (assembly and C)

Status
Not open for further replies.