Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller and sim card interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezequiel.aceto

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller sim

Hello

I have many 64Kb Sim cards from GSM phones. These cards have 64Kb for custom Java programs. I would like to know how to interface these cards to a microcontroller, so to write and read information to the card. I hope somebody can help me. My idea is to load a program in a sim card, and when connected to the MCU, the MCU upload the program to its flash and starts running the new program. The MCU may be an Atmel AVR or a Philips AMR7.

Thanks
Ezequiel

sim card interface to a microcontroller

SIM cards are a relativly closed standard, the cell phone companies don't want you knowing how to access them because it can result in celluar phone copying. You're better off selling the sim cards to someone that can use them (like a cell phone company) and using something like SD cards or memory sticks (Which are of comparable size) There are many refrences to how to access these cards and they come in sizes significantly over 64kb for very little cost.

interfacing sim card to mcu

You can also use a Card with a embedded Mcu.
Search for , Funcard(Atmel), Green Card, Silver Card(PIC) , ect ect

Status
Not open for further replies.