Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller and GSM cellphone [Help]

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_risk_master

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
microcontroller projects using cell phone

I had an idea of a hobby project in mind, but seem to be difficult for me...

Im planning to use PIC16F84 (suggest any in case not feasible) I want my microcontroller to "sense" inputs from a logic circuit, then if a logic combination is satisfied (a certain combination of switches), the microcontroller will send me a message (e.g. SMS) thru the GSM phone

How would I program my microcontroller to do that ?

Thanks in advance,
the_risk_master

microcontroller in the philippines

GSM modem module is used in such occasion. The hardwire link between the GSM modem and microcontroller is RS232. AT command for control method.

First be sure if the cellphone provide the AT command interface for you.

gsm microcontroller projects

I guess you can use any PIC MCU to do what you'd like. Just be sure to have sufficient pin count.
Give us more specs.

tomic

------------------<0>-<0>------------------
www.tom-ic.com
Your reliable prototyping partner.

cellfone+microcontroller

Yeah, I decided to use PIC16F84A and for the GSM module, I have here an old Nokia 6210, I know a little in PIC programming in C and asm, I write using my JDM programmer and ICProg as its software... My obstacle seem to be writing some AT commands for my PIC to send SMS when a sensor is activated

gsm sms project + efy

how about coding in C using www.bknd.com CC5X free version? It should be sufficient for what you interested in.

Tomic
------------------<0>-<0>------------------
www.tom-ic.com
Your reliable prototyping partner.

microcontroller with gsm

Hi dear,

I think 8051 would be your smart choice bcz its easy and also many codes example and Dev. tools are available and also your project is not so complex. then why are you paid more if philips 8051rd will satisfy ur project requirement..

similar one like you have also made project like you contect him or see this..
https://forums.devx.com/archive/index.php/t-4983.html

Also if u are reguler reader of EFY than similar artical also published in EFY MAY 2007

Its sure that you have to use AT command interface with Micro. by using RS232.. if u dont have knwoledge of AT than please see bellow attached Docs,

OK ..Best Of luck,

Regards,
Dharmesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back