Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller(8051) interfacing with micro SD(memory card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hm1622

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello guys..i am working on the vehicle tracking system.project have been almost done.but we want to improve our project.so we decide to add memory device(micro sd card 1GB) which store the data of GPS in MS excel format so when passive tracking could be possible.we are not familiar with microcontroller(8051) interfacing with micro SD(memory card).so please guide us on our project.can any buddy give us c code.like GPS data logger so by using that we can modify our project.

Find out what are the lines in a sd card. Find out what signals travel through those lines. I am very sure that the communication to and from the sd card must follow a protocol. Find out how the protocol works. It will be easier to interface it with anything.

I had downloaded this long back out of curiosity .. never tested it though ..

attached is the code i downloaded with this schematic

Attachments

• atmelmmc.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 211
what are the modification take place in the software and hardware in 8051 controller.because we have use P89c51RD2 and you have suggest me atmega16..it is very helpfull if you give the coding of 8051
I had downloaded this long back out of curiosity .. never tested it though ..

attached is the code i downloaded with this schematic

---------- Post added at 17:28 ---------- Previous post was at 17:23 ----------

i have not much idea about the SD cards so if can suggest me some circuit diagram and codes so i could get some of the knowledge about it.sorry but i'm beginner at this
Find out what are the lines in a sd card. Find out what signals travel through those lines. I am very sure that the communication to and from the sd card must follow a protocol. Find out how the protocol works. It will be easier to interface it with anything.

Now I had started to interface it with 8051 I am sure that in this month I will complete. After that I can help you fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.