Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontrolled GPS tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXtenZy

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum and a relative new comer to microcontrollers.

I have a school project where I want to make a PIC-controled GPS tracker that sends the GPS data over a GPRS link to a server, or stores the data on a SD card if there is no GSM signal. Being only fairly familiar with microcontrolers I have huge "?" about this project, which hopefully will get answered as I go along.

My first big problem is : What kind of PIC would I need?
From the start I would need it to be DIP package, have 3 ports, and a ICSP port. Any suggestions?

Another thing that would help me a lot would be a place from where I cold buy some chips (not in bulk), I am thinking on using the SIM300D for the GSM/GPRS part of my project and a ZX4120 GPS module or a SiRFstar III GPS Module, preferably not SMT.

Thanks a lot.

what about PIC4580?

4 Ports: PORTA PORTB PORTC PORTD
ICSP: Single-Supply 5V In-Circuit Serial Programming™ (ICSP™) via Two Pins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back