Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip PIC EEPROM question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drigz

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a Microchip PIC16F627, and was wondering approximately how long EEPROM reads and writes would take, respectively.

Thanks!

hi
there is an application note in microchip official site where u can get information for interfacing eeprom chip with pic micro using i2c bus this might help u , i feel ok

Hi!
You mean the internal eeprom. I have never measured the time but i think it takes a few millisecounds. Consult the data sheet for accurate information.
Regards.

atferrari: I couldn't (and still can't) find it in the datasheet, nor anywhere else.

BTW, I'm referring to the data EEPROM, accessed from the code, as opposed to the program EEPROM accessed by the programmer.

EDIT: I found it - it was in the Electrical specificitions section, as opposed to the Data EEPROM section. Write/erase is avg. 4ms, max 8ms. I assume read is 1 clock cycle, as there seems to be no way to wait for it...

drigz said:
I assume read is 1 clock cycle, as there seems to be no way to wait for it...

this is correct there is no delay in reading EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.