Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip Memory/SD Card Reader project working only with SAN DISK Memory Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpress_embedo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!! I am using Microchip Application Libraries SD Card Reader Project, to make an SD Card Reader based on PIC18F2550.

And It works successfully, when i am using the San Disk Memory Card, while other companies memory cards are not working, i used some local memory cards (the memory cards are not faulty as they working properly in Mobile Phones) and even Kingston Company Memory Card Didn't Worked.
So i dont know what is the problem with the code, as i didn't change any thing in MAL Demo.

Is there some issue with the memory cards which i am not considering.
Kindly Suggest what to do.

Hi,
Same thing happened with me. I resolved this issue by low level formatting. The issue was Master Boot record (MBR) got over written. You can check and compare the hex data written in SD/MMC via different software's. Hopes this helps.

One more thing did you pulled up the SPI bus?

Enjoy!

Actually i am working on PIC32MX795F512L and SD Card is Interfaced with it, and i had pulled up the Chip Select Line and Serial Data Input Line of Controller.

And i had done the similar project on PIC18F2550, and both are getting same problem, both are working with San Disk memory Card, while other cards are not working, while they are working properly in phones.

What you mean by Low Level Formatting, please tell me i want to try this??

What you mean by Low Level Formatting, please tell me i want to try this??

By low level formatting I mean write zero to every address in the SD/MMC and then format using mobile or by PC. This can be done by various softwares i.e Hex Editor. Also did you checked/compared the logic's using oscilloscope?

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.