Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip MCP2200 USB-UART

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirusX2

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Has anyone used the mcp2200 at 1 Mbaud (as the datasheet says) without problems? Actually i want at least 600 kbaud speed. I am currently using FTDI products but due to the low cost of mcp2200 i was wondering if it is capable of those speeds. Thanks

On the other hand, I have been using these for a few years, but not at your required speed, without any issues. My use is different than ArticCynda as I don't require the use of RTS/CTS. I use the 8 GPIO lines for various function and route selections and just use the RX/TX for communication. I am also a "windoze" user so all the tools work as expected. I recommend laying out a small test board (which is what I did before making the switch) to see if the part will work in your application.

Status
Not open for further replies.