Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip C18 Config Macros

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammy-e

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Can someone tell me where/how the configuration macros are defined? I have been trying to configure the various configuration bits/settings within code such as OSCCON and WDTCON based on the names I see within "C:\Program Files\Microchip\MCC18\h\p18f2525.h", but I learned that I should instead be using the names as listed in "PIC18 Configuration Settings Addendum" (OSC and WDT respectively) from the "C18 Getting Started manual".

Where are WDT and OSC defined? I even looking in p18f2525.inc without success. How does the compiler know what these are? Thanks.

As a follow-up, I never found anything within the include files. It looks like the only ways to do this are to look in the doc files, along with using a command line flag with the compiler. I wish this were more transparent.

Command line example:
C:\Program Files\Microchip\MCC18\bin\mcc18.exe -p=18f2525 --help-config

Status
Not open for further replies.