Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microblaze Stack and Heap address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

technochrat

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am using a spartan 3A starter kit.I am trying to implement a simple DDR2 memory test system.

In my linker script i have configured the Code and Data memory,stack and heap to be located on the
LMB or blockram.The size of blockram is 8k,which,by my understanding is the maximum i can have in this spartan device.

I configured a stack and haep size of 1Kb each.With this I am not able to implement the whole functionality i needThe compiler shows an error indicating that the heap is full.

If i increase the heap size to 2kb then the compiler tells that there is an overlap of stack and heap memory range.

I did not want to use the DDR2 memory for this because i needed to test the whole memory range in my software.Suppose I use the DDR for the heap and stack I would like to know where this will be located,so that I can skip this memory range in my test algorithm.How will i do this?
And what will be the effect on performance if the stack and heap are located on the DDR?

any help will be appreciated.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back