Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microblaze clock problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

umer_366

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all
i am using 50 MHZ clock on chip board..
i have to attach 3 peripherals to microblaze in my final design..
2 of them are working at 50 MHz while one is having its operating frequency of 30 MHz ..
can i configure my microblaze for two different frequencies???
thanks

You need to configure your microblaze with 50Mhz clock, then attach all peripheral operating on 50 Mhz. Then for other IPs working on different clock then first you need to attach clock crossing bridge between your IP and your processor bus.

HTH
Shitansh Vaghela

thanks shitansh
u are talking about the bridge to solve the problem...
can u please guide me the way how to establish this bridge if i am using a plb interface with ADC core which is operating at 30 MHz...
thanks

Perhaps that kind of bridge will be available in coregen. Try to check out. The only thing you need to take care is proper connections between plb, bridge and your IP. perhaps in edk userguide you will be help full for that.

If you want to design your bridge then you need to study crossing clock domain.

HTH
Shitansh Vaghela

Status
Not open for further replies.