Not open for further replies.

jimkess

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

i have question about the micro usb shield connector question. should the usb shield connector(6,7 pin) be connected to the ground as shown in attached picture?

Attachments

• usb-micro.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 93

This connection is ok for DIY project where you don't have to worry about EMI. Nothing wrong with that.

i looked at different usb micro B connection, i see different interfacing circuits such as the D+,D- are sometimes directly connected, sometimes they put resistors(22ohm or 27ohm) resistors and also capacitors to the ground in the D+,D- lines. what is the difference? should we connect D+,D- directly to microcontroller or via resistors and capacitors to the ground?

shown in pictures below are examples

Hi,

D+, D- connection: It depends on the controller.
--> look into the controller datasheet. Usually there you will find additional information.

Klaus

Klaus is right. Different manufacturers have different recommendations for USB connections. I have designed many boards with FTDI chips and have always used a combination of res/cap on data lines. This on some ocasions helps to pass EMC/EMI certification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…