Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro controller based solar tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVIPSA DEY

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have stuck at the programming part because i have no knowledge about PIC. And for the sensing part actually we are using 2 PV sensors inclined at 45 deg. and forming a triangle the output of these PV cells will be the input of PIC and then the PIC interfaced with wiper motor to rotate the solar tracker in cw,acw & no rotation.
And thank you for your supreme advice.

Thank u thamid..............................
I have to write the program in c using mplab. Can we write c programs in mplab? N what is the difference between embedded c and only c?

Can we write c programs in mplab?
Yes. Use the CCS C, Hi-Tech C compiler, C18 or C30 compiler, depending on the microcontroller and your choice of compiler.

N what is the difference between embedded c and only c?

They're both C language, but with difference in application.

When talking about just C or only C as you mention, we refer to use for desktop computers, laptops, etc.
When talking about embedded C, we refer to use for more resource-constrained applications, such as microcontrollers. We talk about use for "embedded systems".
https://www.keil.com/forum/11466/

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Thanks thamid............
i am attaching the flowchart needed for the programming. plz give your suggestions.

Attachments

• FLOW _Repaired_.pdf
    20.3 KB · Views: 137

Thanks thamid............
i am attaching the flowchart needed for the programming. plz give your suggestions.

Now, you need to learn (if you don't know already) how to use the ADC module and the timers and how to drive motors. Which type of motor are you using? You need to learn how to drive that type of motor.

Status
Not open for further replies.