Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[PIC] Micro c OR ccs compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

rozmad

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello
I want to start C programming for PIC.
What compiler do you use, I also have a library full of diverse and powerful.
Micro c OR CCS
Thank you

Both are good. mikroC is easy but CCS C generates better .hex file.

Reactions: rozmad

rozmad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Libraries Which is better, more accessible and more

mikroC PRO PIC libraries are better. I have both and I rarely use CCS C.

(Personal opinion) Libraries should not be the criteria used to select a compiler. With only 2 exceptions that I can think of, it is easier to write specific functions that you exactly what YOU want them to do to interact with each peripheral device. UART and SPI peripherals are very easy to interact with but the option of blocking vs interrupt alone makes the use of library functions problematic as they need to cater for a wide range of situation where as you are really only interested in one.
The two exceptions are the IP and USB peripherals where the "user interface" is typically fairly standard but there is great complexity in the "behind the scenes" work needed to use these peripherals.
Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back