Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micrium uC/OS-II RTOS for audio application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lîtus

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all!

I'm new here but I guess that this is the correct page to post my question. I'm trying to make an application using µC/OS-II RTOS and I am using two timers (OS_TMR)
I set the constant OS_TMR_CFG_TICKS_PER_SEC to 500000 because I need my timers running at around 48kHz but, when I test my application, the timers runs very slow... Do anyone know why?
I found that the "recomended" value for OS_TMR_CFG_TICKS_PER_SEC is 10 (what actually means 10Hz) but doesn't say anything about maximum. Is there any max value permitted?

How can I have two timer tasks every 14µs and 20µs?

Thanks!!!
Good forum ;)

PS: I hope you can excuse my bad english...

Added after 43 minutes:

As I'm using IAR EWARM I can debug my application and I can see some aspects of the RTOS configuration while is running. What I discovered is that both OS_TMR_EN and OR_TMR_CFG_TICKS_PER_SEC are not defined... It's strange because my timers are running... Can this be part of my problem? Or maybe is a EWARM uC/OS-II plug-in bug?

Thanks!

You have to get the two configurations defined.
I did not work with uCOS-II timers. But AFAIK, the TICKS per second uCOS-II can support are between 10 and 100 Hz. So I believe is not feasible to have a timer working beyond this level.
--
Amr Ali

hi dear

hi dear
i want to use software timer in uc/os. i find you used it before so i decide to ask you some question about it
1. i want to know how can i stop the timer in ISR because in usermanual said dont use timer function(like ostmrstop) in ISR
2.about OS_TMR_CFG_TICKS_PER_SEC?? i want to set it 200 because i need 5ms time is it possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back