Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Method to identify shared folder access in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhn

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Suppose I have shared a folder/file in a PC (operating on Windows OS), lets say PC1, which is connected to LAN. Now I access this shared folder/file by another PC (PC2) on the LAN. Is there any method to track that PC2 had accessed the shared folder/file in PC1?
If so, how? and what are the different details that we can get? (eg, time at which the shared folder/file was accessed; was there any modification done, etc...)

Please help.

Thanks,
vhn

well there are many ways to do that..... the easiest and most efficient is to use Friendly Watcher or Friendly Pinger they have the capability to log all access to all files from the local area network
the other way is to right click my computer>manage>shared folders>sessions/open files
this gives instantaneous data, does not make logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back