Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Method for laser beam detection in my project

Status
Not open for further replies.

abusha

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi ppl,

I am currently doing a project with robots. My robot will have a laser pointer attaced to it! I need 3 1.5v cell to powe it and a circuit to monitor the power of the battery! My robot will nagivate itself and shoot laser beam to a lsaer detection circuit fixed a distance away from my robot.Everytime the laser detection circuit detects a laser beam hitting it(robot shoot the target) the laser detection circuit is to have a counter to count the number of times the target is shot. The counting has to be displayed in a 7 segment display!

am looking forward to ur reply!!

Re: laser beam detection

What is your question?

laser beam detection

I must admit I couldn't find an actual question in the original post!

If indeed the question is 'how to detect a laser' then yes, a photodiode is needed (or phototransistor). What else you do depends on other things such as ambient light levels, how certain you want to be that only the laser triggers it. You could select by wavelength with a narrow band optical filter, but they are expensive. You could modulated the laser and bandpass filter the received signal.

Keith

Hi ppl,

I am currently doing a project with robots. My robot will have a laser pointer attaced to it! I need 3 1.5v cell to powe it and a circuit to monitor the power of the battery! My robot will nagivate itself and shoot laser beam to a lsaer detection circuit fixed a distance away from my robot.Everytime the laser detection circuit detects a laser beam hitting it(robot shoot the target) the laser detection circuit is to have a counter to count the number of times the target is shot. The counting has to be displayed in a 7 segment display!

am looking forward to ur reply!!
Get yourself some standard solar cells and some black mailing tubes (painted toilet paper roll?). When your robot's laser pointer hits a solar cell it generates a few millivolts enough to trigger and counter circuit. You could just use a PC and it's built in ADC circuit (soundcard or mouse port?) and a program to count the hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back