Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

metamaterial unit cell simulation problem in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

quaker

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello!

I am totally newcomer with HFSS and what I want to do is to simulate a simple metamaterial unit cell structure in HFSS. The structure dimensions, boundary conditions and the structure itself are from Kevin Buell, Hossein Mosallaei and Kamal Sarabandi - "A Substrate for Small Patch Antennas Providing Tunable Miniaturization Factors" IEEE article. They find using low-order equivalent-circuit model that the resonance frequency of the structure is 106MHz, higher-order model shows 183MHz and full wave simulation shows "real" resonance frequency to be 250MHz. I build this metamaterial unit cell in HFSS according to the mentioned article but my simulation shows Fres=150MHz. I think I'm doing something wrong but I really don't know what. Please help me solve this problem.

Best regards!

quaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back