Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Message to all new members

Status
Not open for further replies.

LvW

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This message is directed especially to all new forum members.

Please, if you really want to get an answer or a reply upon your inquiry as quick as possible, in your own interest you should try
1.) to choose a name for the the topic which can give some information on the subject, and
2.) to formulate your problem as clear as possible – not only with one sentence (or even less).

To 1.): I think you will agree that nobody who is willing to help can read all the topics in each part of the forum. Thus, he picks up some topics which he is interested in or for which he can offer some help. In this context, of course, the name of the topic chosen by you should be able to draw the attention of the reader to your problem.
Do you really believe that something like “HHHH”, or “HELP”, or “PLZ”, or URGENT”, or “Paper request” or “I have a doubt” can do this ??? (All these examples originate from the last hours).

To 2.): I assume you hope and expect that somebody who reads your inquiry is willing to spend some time in order to help you. In this case, I think you also should try to spend some time to precisly formulate the problem. Here some bad examples:
“Can any one explain ac analysis of differential amplifier withs suitable diagram”
“I need to build an oscillator, who can help ?”
“I need to transmit data with some delay”
“I need to design 11.0592Mhz square wave generator , i need help in that”
“My circuit oscillates – who can help ?”

I think, you´ll have the chance to get an answer which can be a benefit for you only if you invest some minutes to describe your problem in detail.
Do you agree ?

Thank You ...

You did that really it means alot
i think my new friends like me understand this situation

Thank you once again for reminding us where we are wrong while getting answers
Pcup

This is absolutely right. If somebody needs help and he or she ask about it, why very often it is done with some weird shortcuts like plz and so on. What is acceptable to phone messaging to your class mate is not acceptable here. I will not even read such a message with so dirty language. If somebody who ask for help do not respect the person whom he or she is asking, how he may expect a good answer?

The second problem is laziness. Very often we may se that the right answer was something like “Please search a Google”. If somebody is lazy enough to ask before doing elementary search it means that he or she put this burden on somebody else’s shoulders. It looks like he is actually wants to make university professors find the answers for him.

I also think that it is absolutely unacceptable to use own language other that English. There are some messages written with English letters but in different language, and this is bad practice. Moderators should issue warnings for such cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.