Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mesh Refinement is too deep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqpost

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

Have you ever met HFSS problem like this?
"Mesh refinement is too deep. MDM mesher will make huge mesh for this model. Suggested solutions: (1). Remove the very small objects (2). Specify defeature length to certain objects "

I check the model. There are no small objects.
I also try another model, which can be successfully run. While when I change the length of one component from 60um to 70um, it couldn't.
It is so tricky that I cannot understand how to solve this mesh problem.

Is there any one has some suggestion? Thank you!

HFSS v12

So mesh operation varies according to the version?

nope, but bugs do ;) Also, what is the dynamic range of spatial dimensions in your model (smallest edge and largest edge) Another thing to look at is any permittivities that may have been set to high...

have fun

My structure is based on a transmission line. The smallest edge is the height of the Tline, which is around 5um. The largest edge is the length of the Tline, which is 1000um. In my previous simulation, there is no such kind of meshing problem. The structures are almost in same dimensions as what I did now. The problem just happened these days. I try to use "healing" process but no use at all. Have you got any idea?

nope, but bugs do ;) Also, what is the dynamic range of spatial dimensions in your model (smallest edge and largest edge) Another thing to look at is any permittivities that may have been set to high...

have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back